Lights Out - Melissa Groeling
I received this book to give an honest review.
When I read the blurb to this book I really thought I would get into it and enjoy it. This was a good book, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped.
Paul has nightmares that plague him from his past, now he is wanting to get away from his boss Aaron who we learn has taken care of him for fifteen years. Now Paul didn't have an easy life growing up and we learn that at one time he was a male prostitute at a young age. Then he receives a gift from his boss which rather disturb me because the nature of the gift is a young boy named Twinkie and he is there to "please" and do what Paul wants. We watch as Paul starts to care for this young boy but in a care giver way because he knows the life this young boy has been forced to live. It is something that keeps bringing up the memories of his past. As Paul decides to take care of Ethan and leave the assassination business behind he is hunted down and we watch as no matter where he goes he is never truly safe.

In the end Paul has to come to face his past to learn to focus on the future is what I gathered.
There is a lot of detail within the book to the point that it felt repetitive to me. And the way Paul would handle situations by not accepting what was given to him just drove me batty.Now later on I didn't truly understand what Jakob had to do with everything as he caught Paul put him in cage. Let him go but then somehow caught Aaron put him in cage and what was the purpose of it all. I also didn't truly understand about Chac Mool was he really a person that couldn't die?

Overall the plot of the story was good, a lot of action and character development.