Out of Time: Tyneham Revisited - P.G. Glynn

I received this book to give an honest review.

I am never big on historical type books so when I read the blurb I was like ummm time traveling and some historical references I will probably be putting it down. This was far from the case. I was intrigued by the story line given and I found myself waiting with Catherine as she waiting for Katharine to appear. I enjoyed how Catherine embraced the ghost of Katharine and didn't run. She wanted to learn more about what is going on and how Katharine was able to appear to her and so forth.

The author did great on capturing the love between Jeremy and Catherine that my heart broke when she learned of his death. It is a love that is undying even in death. I enjoyed as well the details that we in place of the Tyneham House it is like you can imagine being there. It is one of those places that I would love to visit to really get a grasp as to the feelings that are within.

Now it does deal with a ghost but it is not a true ghost story where you are spooked and what not. The ghost that Catherine of 1943 sees is Katharine of 1543 and the reason she now sees her is because of the heartache she has experienced because of the First World War. They both have gone through heartache caused by a war and a king that they both can relate to each other in someway. I did like how her husband's father William did not make her sound crazy but he went with the notion that she is able to talk to this ghost, because what Katharine has to tell them is stuff that will happen and it will not be pretty.