Not too much action

Once Upon A Nightmare - Nat Goodale

I received this book to give an honest review.

The cover and the synopsis pulled me into the book and I was really excited to start it.  You have this man named Jesse who is having a rough patch in his marriage but loves his children unconditionally. He gets a job offer that can change his whole life around. When he decides to take the job it appears to be more than he first expected and if he thought there was a way out well he is wrong unless it is in a body bag.

At first everything seems okay he has an unlimited supply of drugs as his usage and lots of money, plus it helps he has a brand new look. Though when he starts being around others who work for Santee and are in his inner circle he starts questions what exactly is going on. Santee likes Jesse and his sort of thinking on how some operations should operate but not everyone likes Jesse and his ideas. Towards the end we see what Jesse will have to do to become a free man.

This is an action book but I felt it lacked the full action of drug dealers. I mean there was no hold your breath moments of possibly being captured by police even if some law enforcement was in Santee's pocket and they kept the heat off of them. I guess when I imagine drug runs, guns and what not I want a lot of action not just medicore. The only time I really felt the action was towards the end and I kept wondering what would happen.

The one character I really wanted to know more was the mistress to Santee. She was very mysterious and at the end we never know exactly who she is and maybe that is what the author wanted.

The book overall was good, the characters were written to where you could connect in some ways with them. Even though it was a good book it was one of those stories I could put down and it was hard for me to fully invest in it as I was hoping for more. Give it a try though as you may enjoy it more.