Review: Zero Day (Slow Burn

By Bobby Adair Slow Burn: Zero Day, Book 1 (1st Edition) - Bobby Adair

So this review will also be in the box set of books 1-3. I will be reviewing each of those books individually.

So as anyone knows I really enjoy zombie books and this one was no different. In Zero Day we are quickly introduced to the character Zed. The book starts off pretty fast and keeps up with the fast pace through out the whole book. We get our first encounter with a zombie within a few chapters. We aren't sure how at first the virus came to be but we hear from others that Zed encounters and what they learned from the internet. It seems some people are immune but what does that exactly mean? Zed while visiting his mother walks into a horrific scene and ends up getting bit by his step-father. When Zed ends up killing him days later the police tell him how he did it and Zed finds himself in a different world than what he started out in on a regular Sunday.

With the help of Murphy a guy he meets in jail they are on their own until Murphy gets bit as well and Zed tries to not only survive for himself but help Murphy as he doesn't want to leave him behind.

It is a race against trying to not get eaten, get killed from those that are uninfected to learning how to survive, escaping and it doesn't help when he puts himself in situations to save others and it puts him in even more danger.

Now Zed is a good character but for a degree in philosophy he at times didn't seem to bright, though why he wants to be a hero and save other survivors when he doesn't even know how to farm is beyond me.

At times things were repetitive such as him bringing up farming, and more farming. Yes we get you like farming and you want to farm because it is the end of the world but we don't have to be told a lot of times. So this is why it is a four.

If you are wanting something fast paced, full of zombies, not a whole lot of gore (to me anyways), then get this book. Where it ends will have you wanting to get book two if you haven't already.