Review: Destroyer (Slow Burn #3)

Slow Burn: Destroyer - Bobby Adair

So now we are into book three. If you haven't read the other two I highly suggest you read them so you know what is going on. We are slowly seeing that the zombies or "whities" as they are becoming known as are acting very weird. They are starting to run around in a line but not quite following anyone.

Zed has left Murphy and the girl they rescued back in the bunker so he could find out what happened to Step the nurse that told him to call when it was safe. It seems that others in the hospital along with Steph are trying to survive and they have gone so far as to infect themselves to see who will change and who will not. Zed on his hero complex rushes to save her and ends up saving others. Though Zed learns through one of the survivors there that there are now zombies called "Smart Ones" some how they are figuring things out and are not as "dumb" as the others are. Are the zombies becoming something even more than just brain dead eaters? Should Zed and his friends be even more worried?

As they travel to hopefully a safe place they have to ask themselves is any place truly safe? Or will they always be on the run?

I really did enjoy how the zombies are changing it is a different change for me instead of the normal type of zombies you read about.

Zed is starting to be a more responsible in his actions even though the stunt as the hospital was crazy you can see he is evolving better as a character. Now the ending has me for sure what is going to happen now especially since it involves my favorite character out of this whole series it is a cliffhanger.