Review: Puck

Puck (A Twisted Lit Novel) - Kim Askew, Amy Helmes

I received this book to give an honest review.

I was very impressed with this book more than I thought I would be. Puck is a young teenager who has been bounced around from foster home to foster home. So when she is finally wanted by her new mom Paula Puck tries to screw up that relationship because she just knows that she will be sent back.

Paula doesn't give up on her wants to send her to a place called DreamRoads, you have to graduate from this place to be sent back home. This place will test you and help you grow. You have certain tasks you need to pass to move on to get to the end. It is not just about building and working on yourself, but also working with others. Though Puck doesn't even care. She will do whatever to be kicked out though when she finally decides to give it a try it may be too late for her. I really loved how Puck grew as a person and it wasn't overnight. She came across as this I don't give a crap about anyone and everything, because everyone will do me wrong. Though as Barb the lady in charge doesn't give up on Puck they make a breakthrough. We learn of Puck's past and in a way it sheds light on why she acts the way she does.
We are also introduced to other kids that are troubled as well. Each has a story that is unique and troubled. Will they graduate out of DreamRoads?

The plot was great, the characters well developed and different in their own way. I plan on reading more from these authors in the future.