Dark Screams: Volume Three - Peter Straub, Jack Ketchum, Jacquelyn Frank, Brian James Freeman, Richard Chizmar

I received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.

When I read the title I expect real horror, frightening tales being told. This was very disappointing for me. The reason why is it didn't have anything like that within the stories.

The Collected Short stories of Freddie Prothero: I honestly don't know what to say about this story. I understood how the author wrote it but it just felt all over the place to where I just ended up skimming over it mostly. This is a diary of a young boy and it is just kind of like nonsense, I couldn't truly understand all what was being written.

Group of Thirty: I enjoyed the story and it wasn't scary but it was like whoa these folks are just plain crazy I liked the idea behind the story. You have an author who writes some murder stories and his so called fans are not who they say they are.

Nancy: I liked this one though I wished it was more in depth and longer so we could find out the full consequences of what happened. It made me think of a Goosebumps in a way which is a good thing. You have Nancy who has some weird things going on within her life. The new girl tries to befriend her as she is curious but as you know curiosity killed the cat will that happen here?

I Love You, Charlie Pearson this one was another one of those creepy stories that you just wonder where it could go. I really wish this one was longer as well, especially when it has something to do with bones being sucked on!!! How freaky does that sound. Charlie is a teenage boy who has a crush on this beautiful girl though she doesn't really pay him too much mind. He has it to where he wants her and will stop at nothing but will his plan backfire?

The last story The Lone and Level Sands Stretch Far Away um, I really didn't know what to make of this story. You have a marriage that is doing okay until Aidan comes into the picture. I didn't really understand the ending and it left me a bit confused as to the whole thing.

Because I only enjoyed three of these short stories I ended up giving this book a solid three wine glass rating.