Book Two

Cisco Bandits: A Gwynn Reznick Novel - Inge-Lise Goss
This is the second time I have read bout Gwynn . If you remember her in book one she meet Ruben while he was investigation her friends death. Now Ruben and Gwynn are dating and he has sent her on her first assignment without any help. Gwynn inserts herself very well into the company of Prudell Energy to uncover the shadiness going on with some employees. Murders are happening and they are not an accident which some believe it to be and with Gwynn's help hopefully she can uncover who is behind it all before it is too late for herself. Gwynn is a good character and of course made mistakes which I enjoyed her doing on her first assignment. It wouldn't have seemed "real" enough if she went through the whole undercover agenda without making any mistakes that she had to clean up. I honestly don't know how she handled not being able to have a long conversation with her fiancee as I know it had to be hard on her especially when one of the people she worked with kept hitting on her.
The author did a great job with the characters and being able to keep them straight especially the bad guys. There is murder, back stabbing, suspense, action all rolled up in this story that is goes together very nicely.
With this being book two in this series it can be a stand-alone as you don't need to have the backstory of who Gwynn is, but I would recommend reading it so you can just know about her and Ruben.
I do wonder if we will get more of Holly in another story as I enjoyed her coming in and helping Gwynn out when she needed via Ruben. Holly isn't a main character but she sure does know her stuff on the computers.
Hoping to read more in this series soon.